In Year 6, we follow The Way, the Truth and the Life RE Curriculum. Please see below for our Year 6 Syllabus which will explain what we cover throughout the year.
1 The Kingdom of God
3 Exploring the Mass
4 Jesus the Messiah
5 The Transforming Spirit
6 Called to Serve
Current Year 6 Topic: Justice
• Understand the meaning of Justice
• Know that we are all called to work for Justice
• Understand about justice in everyday life here and across the world
• Know about some people who have been persecuted for speaking out about
injustice and reflect upon what we can learn from these people
• Understand that we are all called to help one another
• Know that Advent is a time when we prepare to celebrate Jesus' birthday
• Know about the mystery of the Incarnation and reflect upon its importance to us.
By playing the Paperbag Game and by discovering facts about life in other people's communities, we have been learning about how injustice can be evident in the lives of poorer families.